One of the main requests you get as a developer from clients is to have a mailing list options on their website. There are many options to create a mailing list.
You can let subscribers sign up for a mail every time a post is published, Google’s Feedburner provides a comprehensive subscription management and email notification system for WordPress blogs that sends email notifications to a list of subscribers when you publish new content to your blog.
Below are the top most popular WordPress plugins
1) MailChimp WordPress Plugin
The MailChimp plugin allows you to quickly and easily add a signup form for your MailChimp list as a widget on your WordPress 2.8 or higher site.
Link. Easy and Powerful to Drive Huge Results, FAST! OptinMonster converts website visitors into subscribers and customers. Here are the features that makes OptinMonster the most powerful customer acquisition & lead generation software for marketers.
3) Newsletter Plugin
Newsletter is a real newsletter system for your WordPress blog: perfect for list building, you can easily create, send and track e-mails, headache-free. It just works out of box!
- Unlimited Subscribers with statistics
- Unlimited Emails with tracking
- Customizable subscription widget, page or custom form
- WordPress User Registration seamless integration
- Single And Double Opt-In plus privacy checkbox for EU laws compliance
- Subscribers preferences to fine-target your campaigns
- Customizable Themes
- HTML and Text versions of Emails
- All messages are fully translatable from Admin Panel (no .po/.mo)
- Diagnostics Panel to check your blog mailing capability
MailChimp is my favorite one. What is yours?