I now moved into WordPress Next Level, the new version WordPress 3.0, there are so many new featured on this version, the most phenomenal featured is enabled or integrated WordPress multisite/MU.
The WordPress team has folded the functionality of WordPress Multiuser into the main WordPress project.
So how do you use it?
1) open your
wp-config.php and add this parameter
2) Now under Tools on the sidebar, you’ll now have an “Network” option. Click on that.
3) A Network is all the blogs or sites you’ll have under your WordPress install. You’ll have the option here to choose between subdomains and subdirectories.
- Example of a subdomain: site1.yourdomain.com
- Example of a subdirectory: yourdomain.com/site1
4) All remaining steps are really straight forward and you wont find any issues.. (hope so… 🙂 )
Please visit wordpress codex for more info: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network. Also look at below really good video on multisite setting. It will help you to setup you own network.Would love to know what you think. Chime in and share it as a comment. Don’t forget to share this guide!