Do you have an AdSense Account? Have you clicked on your own AdSense ad accidentally? Calm down and don’t Panic.
There can be many instances when we click on our own Adsense ads by mistake or for fun and then we realize that we did a mistake. If it was just one or two clicks, then don’t worry about it. Although Google requires it’s publishers to report any accidental clicks or invalid activity on their account but that don’t count for every once in a while accidental click.
Their system is already checking for any invalid clicks or activity on your Adsense account and chances are that they will remove those clicks from your total at the end of the month / payment period. So don’t worry if these clicks still show in your earnings on AdSense.
Just don’t try to click your ads daily.
If Google detects some invalid activity then they may warn you and
disable your account for 30 days as a notice.
Take a look at email on Account Suspension:
Here are the top invalid traffic and policy violations reasons for Adsense Account
- Clicking on your own ads
- Try to get traffic using BOTs
- Fix Adsense ads on your Sidebar or bottom of the pages
- Ask someone to click on your Adsense Ads
- Force users to click on ads before going into next page
- Bad Adsense Ad placements
- Your site violates Webmaster policy guidelines
- Pornographic contents
- Adult contents
- Copyrighted contents
- Illegal content
- Mature content
- Don’t copy other site’s content
Please be kind and follow
Google Policy Guidance. I would suggest and ask you to think about long term revenue than short term. Google Adsense is no doubt the best Revenue making program out there and be proactive in ensuring your ad traffic guidelines and policies.
Once 30 days over
Google Adsense System will enable your account again automatically. You don’t have to request or contact Google again for the same.
From AdSense Blog:
- As most of you know, our program policies state that publishers are not permitted to click on their own ads for any reason. For this reason, we’ve received many emails from publishers letting us know that they’ve accidentally clicked on their own ads. If you’re one of these publishers, we truly appreciate the efforts you’ve made to monitor your account and keep it in
good standing. However, we do understand that an accidental click may occur from time to time, so there’s no need to contact us each instance this occurs.
- Because we closely monitor all account activity using engineering systems and thorough human analysis, chances are we’ve already detected your clicks on your ads and discounted them. While these clicks still show in your reports, we filter out their associated earnings so that advertisers aren’t charged. However, please keep in mind that we don’t ignore the clicks completely; if it appears to us that a publisher has been clicking on his own ads to inflate his earnings or an advertiser’s costs, we may disable the account to protect our advertisers’ interests. ….
As a summary: if you see or feel fraud clicks activity by yourself or some one else, please report it to Adsense, before they
block your account.
Checkout this Accidental Clicks Video for more information:
Join the Discussion
Share & leave us some comments on what you think about this topic or if you like to add something.