Eclipse Mars release on 24th June – the big major Eclipse release. There are quite a few under the hood changes happened on Eclipse Mars project.
Major changes into Eclipse Mars Project:
- Brand new hierarchical view of nested projects
- Improved Maven archetypes integration and enhanced auto-completion in the pom editor
- Ability to customize perspectives and speed improvements for text search
- Best new tools for building and maintaining Docker containers
- New ability to record and share user preference settings across individual workspaces
- Improved Maven support, including support for Maven 3.3.3
- Nice and Automated way for error reporting
How to update Workspace from Eclipse Luna (Previous release) to Mars?
Eclipse Mars IDE for Java EE Developers: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/marsr
I’m using Macbook Pro so my downloaded package:
.tar.gz file and you will see just
During startup just provide your previous Eclipse’s work space and click ok and you should be all good.
So far all my ~20 projects imported successfully to Eclipse Mars without any issue. Compilation worked just fine. Only thing which I had to do is to just install Apache Tomcat again on Eclipse Mars. If you face any issue while installing Tomcat then follow the tutorial.
Join the Discussion
Share & leave us some comments on what you think about this topic or if you like to add something.