Eclipse Mars release on 24th June – the big major Eclipse release. There are quite a few under the hood changes happened on Eclipse Mars project.
Major changes into Eclipse Mars Project:
- Brand new hierarchical view of nested projects
- Improved Maven archetypes integration and enhanced auto-completion in the pom editor
- Ability to customize perspectives and speed improvements for text search
- Best new tools for building and maintaining Docker containers
- New ability to record and share user preference settings across individual workspaces
- Improved Maven support, including support for Maven 3.3.3
- Nice and Automated way for error reporting
How to update Workspace from Eclipse Luna (Previous release) to Mars?
Eclipse Mars IDE for Java EE Developers: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/marsr
I’m using Macbook Pro so my downloaded package:
.tar.gz file and you will see just
During startup just provide your previous Eclipse’s work space and click ok and you should be all good.
So far all my ~20 projects imported successfully to Eclipse Mars without any issue. Compilation worked just fine. Only thing which I had to do is to just install Apache Tomcat again on Eclipse Mars. If you face any issue while installing Tomcat then follow the tutorial.Would love to know what you think. Chime in and share it as a comment. Don’t forget to share this guide!