Finally iOS 7 is now available for download. As promised, Apple released brand new version of iOS 7 on Wednesday.
iOS 7 supports the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5; the second-, third-, and fourth-generation iPad; the iPad mini, and the fifth-generation iPod touch. It also supports the new iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, of course, but they’re not out until Friday.
List of all new features:
- All new design
- Control Center
- Notification Center improvements
- Multitasking improvements
- Camera improvements
- Photos improvements
- Safari improvements
- iTunes Radio
- Siri improvements
- App Store improvements
- Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- iTunes Store improvements
- Music improvements
- Videos improvements
- Maps update
- Mail update
- Facetime Audio Calling
- Block unwanted Phone, Messages and FaceTime Callers
- Support for sending long MMS Message
- Pull down on any Home Screen to reveal Spotlight search
- Scan to acquire Passbook passes
- New ringtones, alarms, alerts and system sounds
- Inclinometer in the Compass app
- Wi-Fi Hotspot 2.0 support
- Accessibility features
- Enterprise features
- Education features
- Bug Fixes
UPDATE: iOS 7.0.1 has already been released for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, according to 9to5Mac. The update fixes a Touch ID bug and users will be prompted to update as soon as they receive their new devices.
Somehow I can’t download update via iTune or via Wi-Fi 🙁 Getting Connection Timeout Error. I guess I still need to wait for some more time.
Any suggestion on alternate download?
Update: Finally successfully upgraded to iOS7 @8:00pm. Looking for promising new flat UI interface.Would love to know what you think. Chime in and share it as a comment. Don’t forget to share this guide!