On March 22, 2013 Google has announce Google Analytics Universal Tracking system. I’m proud to announce that – “All in One Webmaster” WordPress plugin updated to reflect that changes. Here is a quick details about it:
More features, better insights
Universal Analytics introduces a set of features that change the way data is collected and organized in your Google Analytics account, so you can get a better understanding of how visitors interact with your organization.
In addition to the standard Google Analytics features, Universal Analytics gives you:
- Simplified feature configuration: Universal Analytics exposes options in the Analytics admin interface that were previously only accessible through the development environment. With Universal Analytics, it’s easier to customize configuration settings, like your campaign timeout handling and search term exclusions.
- Custom dimensions & custom metrics: Custom dimensions and custom metrics are like default dimensions and metrics, except you create them yourself. Use them to collect data that Google Analytics doesn’t automatically track.
- Multi-platform tracking: With the Measurement Protocol, and additional collection methods introduced by Universal Analytics, you can collect and send incoming data from any digital device to your Analytics account, so you can track more than just websites.
Another must read:
- How to Enable Google Analytics Event Tracking – Web Tracking (ga.js)
- “Placed” analytics added to “All in One Webmaster” WordPress Plugin
Set up Universal Analytics
Step 1. To use UA, set up a new web property dedicated to Universal Analytics in your Google Analytics account. You can either set up a new property on an existing account, or create a new account specifically for Universal Analytics.
Step 2. Update All in One Webmaster Plugins to v8.2.6
Step 3: Go to Settings -> All in One Webmaster -> Analytics Settings tab.
Step 4: Provide Web Tracking ID and Domain name as mentioned below.
Also I’m working on Premium Version of All in One Webmaster with lots of more options. Please stay tuned.
Join the Discussion
Share & leave us some comments on what you think about this topic or if you like to add something.