While running Eclipse with new Macbook, you may see an error about installing Java SE 6. Follow steps mentioned in that tutorial to fix it. But after finish installation, you may need to switch between JRE’s like 1.6, 1.7 or 8 (latest Java). Well if you have any of below questions then you are at correct location.
- Where is Java installed on my Mac OS X system?
- How can I setup latest JDK 1.7.X to default workspace in Eclipse in Mac?
- JRE 7 Installation for Mac OS X
- Important Java Directories on Mac OS X
- Where is Java 7 Installed on Mac OS X?
- How to switch JDK version on Mac OS X
- Mac OS X Platform Install FAQ
Mac OS X information for installing and using Java:
1. Download latest JDK from Oracle (This is 64-bit only).
2. Double click to install it.
3. This installs JDK into Location
How can I setup latest
JDK 1.8.0_45 to default workspace in Eclipse in Mac?
Open Eclipse IDE.
Open Preference -> Java -> Installed JREs -> Add.
Select Standard VM -> Directory -> JRE Home (provide
Validate your steps by typing “
java -version” in terminal window.
And you are all set.
Also, there is a command
java -verbose. It returns complete path at the end of command.