HTTP over SSL is one of the criteria for Google to put your search result page at the top of the result. I gave it a try and enabled HTTPS (SSL) on
In this tutorial we will go over all detailed steps on how to enable SSL (HTTPS) on your WordPress Blog. If you have below questions then you are at right place:
- How to Add SSL and HTTPS in WordPress
- How to Use SSL and HTTPS with WordPress
- Using an SSL with Your WordPress Admin Control Panel
- How to configure WordPress Security to use my own private SSL Certificate?
- The easiest way to add SSL to your WordPress Site
- how to setup ssl certificate on apache
Here are major steps:
- Buy SSL Certificate (
- Generate Certificate and Install it into your cPanel (
Step 2 to 12below)
- Enable SSL (
Step 13 to 15below)
Let’s get started:
Purchase SSL Certificate. At NameCheap you can get
Comodo PositiveSSL Certificate for only
$9.00/year. Between I just got it for
$1.99 for 1st year. Try to chat with live person and he/she will help you get cert for just $1.99.
Login to cPanel. Click on
Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys
Key Size and Provide
Description and click Generate new
You should be able to see generated
- Now go back to cPanel
- Click on
SSL/TLS Managerand click on
Generate a New Certificate Signing Request.
- Provide all mentioned details below and click on
- You should be able to see your
- Copy that. You need to provide it to your NameCheap account.
- Login to NameCheap Account
- Click on your
- Click on
- You should see your
SSL Certificatesright side panel
Activate SSL cert by clicking
- Paste CSR which you got in
Apache,Nginx,cPanel or Otheroption for
- Select your
admin emailon which you will get approval email
- On Next screen provide company name and click
- You will receive
1st emailfor Validation: Follow approval steps and approve your SSL certificate request mentioned in email.
- Once approved – you will receive
2nd and 3rd emailwith your Certificate in that (
- Download .zip file. Extract it and Copy certificate.
- Go to
- SSL/TLS Manager
- Click on
- Upload Or Paste a New Certificate
- Click on Save Certificate
Once done you will see it uploaded successfully on Server. Checkout screenshot.
- Now Next Step is to
Just click on
Install link which you see in above image.
Finally you should see success message.
Now go to your admin panel
- Click on Settings
- Go to General Setting
- Change URL from http to https for both
And you are all set. Try visiting
your site over https and you should see
green padlock in browser.
Join the Discussion
Share & leave us some comments on what you think about this topic or if you like to add something.