WordPress Blog Migration Tips. Hmm.. There are some very interesting facts like site down time, complex process, etc. you may have heard but actually migration process is very simple if you use VaultPress service.
This happened couple of times for me. I initially registered for
Crunchify.co Domain and moved to
Crunchify.com once it became available. It was ideally just a 5 minute process for me with VaultPress.
If you don’t have single click migration utility then migrating blog from one domain to another domain is not straight forward process. You may need to perform lots of steps and need to be more careful at each steps.
Let’s get started:
- Get full directory backup of folder “
- I used HostGator CPanel’s Backup Wizard Utility.
Step-3) Create New blog
- Install New WordPress Installation on your New Domain.
- Open DB Backup file in TextPad and perform
Search and Replace.
- Sample: Search:
Crunchify.co=> Replaced with
- Go to cPanel
- Click on phpMyAdmin
- Choose your new Database
- Import this updated DB file to New WordPress DB.
- Copy complete “
/wp-content/” folder to new WordPress Installation.
- Add 301 redirect to Old Domain’s
- Follow this tutorial for the redirection: https://crunchify.com/http-301-permanent-redirect-basics-and-htaccess/
- Follow some basics mentioned here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=83105
And you should be all set. Let me know if you have any problem migrating your site. At Crunchify we also provide Migration service at very low cost. Let us know and we are more than happy to debug any issue you may have.
Join the Discussion
Share & leave us some comments on what you think about this topic or if you like to add something.