Here are some more details about new IntelliJ IDEA’s theme.
- New Light and Dark Theme
- Improved contrast and beautiful color palette
- Set of new Icon Sets
- Set of new distinguishable shapes and colors
- New Inter font
- Better and improved new Tool Window Buttons
- Split View
- Better and beautiful Window Header
- Better Navigation Bar
- Run widget
- Project widget
- Editor has new Tabs and Gutter
- Improved Run and Debug tool Windows
- + more
Here are few screenshots:
Google Inter Font:
It’s available on Google Fonts for free to use.
IntelliJ IDEA – Light theme:
I personally like only Dark themes. Here is a light theme screenshot.
IntelliJ IDEA – Dark theme:
I would highly recommend all of our Crunchify Readers to enable IntelliJ IDEA’s new UI. It’s very nice looking theme.
How to enable new IntelliJ IDEA UI?
- Go to IntelliJ IDEA Menu
- Click on Preferences….
- Under Appearance & Behavior you will see
- Click on checkbox
Enable new UI
- Restart IDE
- And you are done
I’ve removed all of other themes from IDEA and there is no going back 🙂 .
Let me know what you think about the new IntelliJ IDEA’s new UI and Themes.